Seoul calls for initial anti-nuke steps
SEOUL, Dec. 13 (UPI) — South Korea’s diplomatic chief Wednesday urged North Korea to take initial steps on dismantling its nuclear drive for the sake of its national interest.
In his first press briefing since taking office earlier this month, Foreign Minister Song Min-soon also called for flexibility at the six-nation nuclear talks due to resume next week after a 13-month hiatus.
“It is important to enter the early stage of implementing (last year’s) Sept. 19 joint statement. It is surely in the interest of North Korea,” Song said. “Other countries concerned will be able to take active and resilient corresponding measures,” he said.