Red Cross suspends Gaza field work
GAZA, Nov 21 (Reuters) – The Red Cross suspended its field work in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday following the abductions of two employees, a spokesman said.
“The International Committee of the Red Cross has suspended its field operations in Gaza Strip following the kidnapping of two employees of the Italian Red Cross in Gaza,” Iyad Nasir, a spokesman in Gaza for the ICRC, said.
He said Red Cross employees would continue to work in Gaza but inside their offices and would intervene only in “urgent” matters of life and death situations.
Abortion Bhutto Blog Hosting Constitution Dennis Kucinich Earmark Reform Earmarks Founding Fathers Fred Thompson Gas Prices General Betrayus Ad General Petraeus Halloween Hazleton PA Hillary Plants Questions Human Rights Illegal Immigrants drivers license Iranian Nuclear program Katie Couric Media Bias Minuteman Civil Defense Corps Mitt Romney Musharraf New Hampshire Primary Oil Prices Oklahoma Immigration Law Pervez Musharraf Phoney Soldiers Pork Barrell Spending Pork Spending quote Ron Paul Rudy Guliani Rush Limbaugh Sam Adams Sam Brownback Sandy Berger SCHIP Sharif Socialism South Carolina Primary UFO US Marine Corps
- Mike on Darfur, another example of UN Failure
- American on Forum on illegal immigration Focuses on crime
- Morning Coffee » Blog Archive » Al-Qaeda’s diversity poses Imminent threat on Zarqawi recruited hundreds for attacks abroad
- Jerome on Credit Cards for Illegal Immigrants – Bank of America an Oxymoron
- Christine on Oklahoma illegal immigration law could spread to other states
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.